Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Top Five Talents

With the help of those whom I spend more time with than my own family, I narrowed down my list of talents to the top five. Drum roll please…

Writing. As I have said in previous posts, writing is my gateway into the hearts and minds of those I may never even get the chance to meet. Blogging connects me to people half way across the globe and expands my brand. Author Melissa Davis has stated, “Brands need to have a deeper connection with their consumers if they are to thrive and prosper” (Page 73). Writing offers me that opportunity to connect.
Styling. Yes great style is subjective, but the fact is, I have a sense of personal style and can translate that into styling others. I have styled friends and clients for photoshoots and they have been pleased with the results.

Creative Problem Solving. This was actually told to me by my current employer that it is a talent I possess (aw shucks). It got me thinking about previous job positions I have held and how I would approach problems that would arise. Yes, I do think “out of the box” for effective solutions and ideas. My vast interests coupled with the large amount of time watching television and reading newspapers and magazines as a youngster has afforded me the ability to think creatively and draw on different experiences and unorthodox views. "It is very rare that successful brands arise out of instinct alone. What some people call instinct is actually experience – the more experienced you get at working on brands the easier it will be to assimilate the required information" ( Page 193).

Loyalty. I’ve always been a loyal person. I have told my employers in the past, when I believe in something, I stick with it until the end. A company must have a vision and integrity for me to believe in it. If it does, I will dedicate my time and effort into making the business a success. I believe loyalty is what separates a mediocre employee from a great employee (coupled with a strong work ethic, of course). A loyal employee will not bash the employer, they will go above and beyond in problem solving, and they will act as a brand ambassador garnering the company new fans and potential customers/clients.

Entrepreneurship. I do not see myself owning my own business in the future but that does not stop me from acting as if I already do. I take a pride in who I work for and the work I do for them. This means possessing the ability to work effectively with others to create ideas that will take the business to the next level. I might not own the business, but I will work as if I do because I want to see the company grow, thrive, and become a household name in the fashion industry. “Leading business thinkers have said that the best way to predict the future is to create it. While brands may be here to stay, it can be difficult to establish where they’re heading” (Page 214). By exercising entrepreneurship, I want to make sure the path that the business I’m working for is going nowhere but up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment